[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - Noise Gate Recommendations???
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:46 pm

Noise Gate Recommendations??? 
Bloodred Metalhead

Post Noise Gate Recommendations???
Anyone have any good noise gates to recommend for some really high gain music? Mine isn't quite powerful enough :P

Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

Post Re: Noise Gate Recommendations???
http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/29 ... e_Gate.htm

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

The Decimator by ISP Technologies is a great pedal.

Check out their site:

http://www.isptechnologies.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=63

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:41 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

Not gonna lie, that decimator is mighty tempting. I wonder if L&M or Tom Lee here in Vic have it for less than 200 fucking dollars.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

Hopefully, it's an awesome pedal. I can't speak for the Island L&M but I know they mainland ones carry it.

Pat O'Brien from Cannibal Corpse uses it. I guess when you're running a Metal Zone with a Triple Rec one might need a gate haha.

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:36 am
Bloodred Metalhead

All I'm running is a Peavy 5150 on the lead channel with the pre gain near 7 and post gain at 3.1... That amp has LOTS of distortion though and I'm having a hard to coming to sudden stops and not have an annoying little bit of feedback kick out. I'm maxing out the Noise gate on a boss ME-50 pedal and it STILL isn't stopping everything from coming through...

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

I am sure you listened to the demos on their site and I am pretty sure that pedal would do the trick. If not then I don't know what is going on.

I don't think the ME-50 is suited that well to be used for such an application. I think a dedicated gate pedal like the Decimator would probably solve your problem. Even the Boss Noise Suppressor is good, that's what Rob Barrett of Cannibal Corpse uses and he runs a Dual Rec into a Metal Zone.

Try either one of those if you can get a hold of one I would suggest.

EDIT:

I just looked for the Decimator and apparently it's available and in stock at the Vic L&M.

EDIT 2:

I just seen this other ISP pedal that I was not aware of and it sounds crazy! It's called the Decimator G String. I wouldn't mind trying this pedal out myself.

http://www.isptechnologies.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=99

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:03 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

Wow dude thanks for the help!

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

So I found it at Long and Mac and bought it. It's a nice looking chrome pedal and it definitely eliminates a huge deal of hum from my amp. Highly recommended

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

I figured that would do the trick, the ME-50 wasn't made for and didn't do shit for that kind of thing.

Glad it worked out. :horns:

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:14 pm
Trashmetal Titan

Dead Mike was right on the mark. Ever since Pat O'Brien said he's used all kinds of noise gates etc. He said the Decimator was the best. I've been using one since 2006 for Mecha Mesiah and Tyrants Blood. Marco also uses one. Great pedal. I think it runs $140. I'm surprised more guitarists don't use one.

http://www.myspace.com/infernalmajesty
http://www.myspace.com/entropiametal

Crank it up fuckers

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:25 am
Bloodred Metalhead

Its so awesome that the other guitarist in my band went out and bought one immediatelly after me. The only problem I've found is that is tends to kill your sustain when you set it high enough to kill all noise. I have my dial set to about 45%.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

turn the gate off.when you want notes to sustain

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:06 am
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

My tap dancing skills need work. I usually find myself halfway accross the stage when I realize I need to hit a pedal in 2 seconds... Oh the joys of really getting into the music...

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:48 pm
Profile WWW