[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - Compilation CDs local bands can submit to
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:36 am

Compilation CDs local bands can submit to 
Bloodred Metalhead

Post Compilation CDs local bands can submit to
Anyone here able to name a few compilations that get put together (perhaps on a yearly basis or whatever) that bands can submit their music to???

I know Storm Music in Nanaimo does one that is actually going to be a digital download but I'm not really aware of any other ones accross Canada and it has been a bit difficult to find any.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Trashmetal Titan

Post Re: Compilation CDs local bands can submit to
BW&BK puts out a cd with every issue. It costs a bit of money to get your song on but it's worth nationwide exposure. Especially if you time it to release just before a tour.

http://www.myspace.com/mechamessiah
http://www.cocainemoustache.com

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

Actually BWBK has not been in print for over 2 years. I had a subscription and all and then they just shut er down due to the internet basically ruining it for them... It just stopped coming to my door one day. Now they only operate as a website. Reaver had a song on the bravewords player (the equivalent to the CDs they used to have) just this past month... It might even still be on there...

Anyways, yeah that would have been pretty awesome to submit to if they were still around.

Thanks

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Trashmetal Titan

:facepalm: Well sonofabitch! I just recieved a few issues from a friend. Still in the plastic. On closer inspection I see that they are from 2007. :dunno:
Makes sense though. The only reason most people bought that mag was for the CD. Now with people forsaking their CD players for ipods I guess that killed their sales.

http://www.myspace.com/mechamessiah
http://www.cocainemoustache.com

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

Plus with the prevalence of writing on the internets, nobody wants to pay money for a magazine when they can read similar things for free. Print media is dying a prolonged death (and I for one mourn it... it aint the same)

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Valar Morghulis

Zeus wrote:
:facepalm: Well sonofabitch! I just recieved a few issues from a friend. Still in the plastic. On closer inspection I see that they are from 2007. :dunno:
Makes sense though. The only reason most people bought that mag was for the CD. Now with people forsaking their CD players for ipods I guess that killed their sales.

Well, that was pretty much the case. They decided first to do away with the sampler CD because of the costs of producing it, I guess. So for a short time, they only had the magazine and a sort of online version of the sampler (an audio-player that you can listen to while on their website). But I guess what they overlooked is how many people bought the paper mag because it had a CD with it. (Myself included.) It was not long after that they stopped being a hard-copy mag, and now they exist in online form only.

I imagine a local band which wants to submit a song to them can do so, to perhaps put on their audio player.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:10 am
Bloodred Metalhead

I'm damned sorry to hear that BW&BK is gone. Their review of Ramayana and the spot that we had on their sampler got us a review in a German magazine, (Heavy, Oder Was?) and THAT got us signed.

I learned of a lot of good local and national bands through that sampler...

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:15 pm
Profile WWW