[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - speed picking for bass
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:31 am

speed picking for bass 
Trashmetal Titan

Post speed picking for bass
whats the fastest you can pick with your fingers (2, 3 or 4 fingers) and how did you get to that point.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Not Even Close To Getting A Custom Title

Post Re: speed picking for bass
When I'm warmed up I can play consistent 8th notes at 208 bpm. My metronome doesn't really go faster than that, so I haven't tried any faster. As for 16th notes, probably not too fast. Usually I try to pick interesting notes to play rather than try to play one note really fast. Depends on the song. And of course I play with two fingers. Three just feels awkward, unless doing triplets.

And how can you make a thread like this without posting what you can do first?

..V^V

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:45 pm
Blackmetal Blasphemer

Post Re: speed picking for bass
Speed is a by-product of accuracy. Practice anything enough and you will get it. I play bass fingerstyle and always do some warming up and a bit of stretching of fingers and hands before starting anything fast and crazy.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:46 am