[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - Metal Chariot (Mk II ish)
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:56 am

Metal Chariot (Mk II ish) 
Hairmetal Hero

Post Metal Chariot (Mk II ish)
As some of you may know, almost a year ago (when I was living in Richmond and looking for work) I started this service called the Metal Chariot in response to the shitty transit service of this city. Basically I would take up to 4 metalheads into my Mazda 3 and drive them home after the last skytrain has stopped running. I was doing this for a while up until around April this year, when I more or less stopped (except when going to some far-off gig that's not accessible by transit). The reason I stopped was because I found work and moved to East Vancouver near the skytrain, and the Metal Chariot service wasn't making enough money.

Fast forward to today, and I'm out of work again, so again I'm thinking of reviving the Metal Chariot service and perhaps expanding it. Here's the bold plan I have in mind: I'm actually thinking about trading in my Mazda3 for a van. What I would get is a van (like a Ford E-Series or a Chevy Express) with enough seats for 5 people including myself and lots of room for gear in the back. In addition to driving people home after the buses stop running, I would also offer to move gear for bands to and from gigs.

So, in order to make the Metal Chariot viable, I need to know if there is enough demand from metalheads and bands for this sort of service. Some of you reading this might be wondering about pricing, so here's what I'm thinking: $5 per person for the bussing service (about the price of a pint of beer and a lot cheaper than a taxi), and $20 per band per night for hauling gear to and from gigs. That's roughly what I have in mind at this moment.

Here's what I want to know from you: how many bands and fans would take me up on this and make use of this service?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:25 pm
Pounding The World Like a Battering Ram!!

Post Re: Metal Chariot (Mk II ish)
What areas are you thinking of servicing? Only Vancouver or out to Richmond, Surrey , Langley , North Van or what ?

Your prices are very reasonable.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:06 pm
Borderline Pleasant QUEEN BEE

Trying to sell our Caravan, seats 6 passengers. PM me.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:44 pm
Hairmetal Hero

@Heera: Mostly I'd like to keep it within Vancouver, Burnaby and New West, although I'll make an exception for 1-2 if they're all going the same direction. It would suck if I have to take 1 person to N. Van, 1 to PoCo and 1 to White Rock all in one night.

@Goddess: I'll give it some thought, but a Caravan may not meet the needs of the Metal Chariot as I will be using it to help bands transport gear. I hear Connie from My Own Chaos (can't remember her Bloodred username) may be interested as she is looking for a vehicle after hers caught fire recently.

Well, I took out the Metal Chariot (my Mazda3) last Friday to Funky's and what a response. Aside from taking Kyle and Brent of Terrifier (formerly Skull Hammer) to the show, I was overwhelmed by requests from several other metalhead friends to ride the Chariot home. However I was only able to accomodate a limited number of people due to the size of my vehicle, so I'm taking it to mean that an upgrade is in short order. Soon, my friends... soon.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:35 am
Borderline Pleasant QUEEN BEE

OK thanks; I might talk to Stony about it! BTW back benches do come out to make room for gear.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:58 pm