[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - The devil wears prada..
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:37 am

The devil wears prada.. 
Bloodred Metalhead

Post Re: The devil wears prada..
Wow, just run. I'm not trying to be a dick, just giving fair warning.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aeterna/117452828275520

Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Valar Morghulis

Somerandumbguy wrote:
Wow, just run. I'm not trying to be a dick, just giving fair warning.

Take this guy's advice.

Fair warning - this is a METAL board.
Bands like this, we chew up and spit out. And then shit on. And then set on fire.

Speaking as a Mod, since DWP is not metal, I'm going to dump this thread in Other Genres, rather than have it in "metal discussion". If you have discussion about real metal, post there.

I checked out your profile, and if I figured you were a spammer or street-teamer, you'd already be gone. Maybe you're just a young and naive UBC student from Friendly Manitoba.

Whatever the case, this thread is getting shunted.

:nono:

Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:17 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

hey!
no bad mouthing Manitoba! :satanflames:

Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:00 pm
Valar Morghulis

Bad mouthing? It's on their lisence plate.

Anyways, don't you have a baby to punch or something?

(Now, that's bad-mouthing. :P )

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:22 pm
Inadequate Little Brother of the Beast

sucks

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:37 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

You can do the equivalent of what my friends and I did 15 years ago. While we would buy an album of crushing Death Metal (as was the style at the time) and scour record shops for every band that they listed on the thank-you band list, you can use Myspace. I checked out Emmure's site (not my thing, but that's alright. I'm an idiot) and found quite a few good to great bands on their top friends list alone. The joys of being young in the land of plenty.

Check out a band called COLISEUM. Great stuff and with a hell of a good band list on their myspace. CONVERGE has always been a favorite of mine. Just feel around. Trust me, finding music now is so much easier (and cheaper) than it was when I was learning about metal. Save a few thousand bux and surf with impunity. Just because you listen to some shit now doesn't mean you won't find the sound that grabs you by the balls and won't let go. Who knows? Maybe metal isn't really your thing and you don't know it yet. Maybe it is, just not a band with swoopy haircuts named after a movie based on Anna Wintour (editor of Vogue. God I'm gay).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aeterna/117452828275520

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Inadequate Little Brother of the Beast

Somerandumbguy wrote:
You can do the equivalent of what my friends and I did 15 years ago. While we would buy an album of crushing Death Metal (as was the style at the time) and scour record shops for every band that they listed on the thank-you band list, you can use Myspace. I checked out Emmure's site (not my thing, but that's alright. I'm an idiot) and found quite a few good to great bands on their top friends list alone. The joys of being young in the land of plenty.

Check out a band called COLISEUM. Great stuff and with a hell of a good band list on their myspace. CONVERGE has always been a favorite of mine. Just feel around. Trust me, finding music now is so much easier (and cheaper) than it was when I was learning about metal. Save a few thousand bux and surf with impunity. Just because you listen to some shit now doesn't mean you won't find the sound that grabs you by the balls and won't let go. Who knows? Maybe metal isn't really your thing and you don't know it yet. Maybe it is, just not a band with swoopy haircuts named after a movie based on Anna Wintour (editor of Vogue. God I'm gay).

Re-reading this, just browsing the board, take his advice, Converge fucking slays

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:45 pm