[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - RIP Louis Bellson
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:45 pm

RIP Louis Bellson 
Bloodred Metalhead

Post RIP Louis Bellson
King of the dbl-kick, Louis Bellson, Dead at 84.
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx ... &GT1=28102
:drums:

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pounding The World Like a Battering Ram!!

Post Re: RIP Louis Bellson
Quote:
....best known for his precise technique and the invention of two pedal-operated bass drums

"The extra bass drum is frosting on the cake. It doesn't mean that every drummer needs to play two bass drums. For me, it works."

RIP

Thanks for the article Antiquus, great to now know , who invented Double Bass drumming :horns:

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 pm
Neighbour of the Beast

I only know Louie through what I've seen on video. One hell of a drummer. RIP Louie!!!

Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:10 pm
Profile YIM
Hairmetal Hero

Louis Bellson was featured in the first drum magazine I've ever purchased, so he was one of the first drummers I actually started to learn about. He gave me an early appreciation for jazz/big band percussion. He was a very admirable drummer, performer, and human being...it's always inspiring watching videos of his performances. Besides all of that, he is truely an innovator of the instument.

R.I.P. Louis B.

Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:59 am