[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - Searching for fucking Metalheads in Vancouver
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Searching for fucking Metalheads in Vancouver 
Hairmetal Hero

Post Searching for fucking Metalheads in Vancouver
Hey everyone!

I am from Germany and going to study in Vancouver starting in January 2010.
I would like to check out the Vancouver Metal scene and search for crazy metalheads who can give some tips where to rock best! :badger: Anyone out there?

Here some of my favourite bands:
*Machine fucking Head
*Slipknot
*Hatebreed
*Chimaira
*Otep
*Pantera
*Soilwork
*Soulfly
*Ill Nino
and many more! :)

Of course it would be cool to get to know some Canadian bands as well!

Throw the horns and stay tuned!
Petra

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:12 pm
Borderline Pleasant 0MN1G33K

Post Re: Searching for fucking Metalheads in Vancouver
Welcome to the board! :horns:

There are a lot of great metal bands here in town - check out the Member Bands section for listings of some of them, along with links to their webpages/MySpace/Facebook with demos and such, and the West Coast Music Scene section for show listings.

What are you coming here to study? The rain?

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hairmetal Hero

Thanks for the Welcome and the info! :)
Great to have a platform like this to get into the Vancouver Metal scene! :)
Hopefully there will be little less rain over there than here in Cologne...?! :? I'll study Business Administration at the Fairleigh Dickinson University, but just for one semester (from January to May). Thats why I am already trying to get to know something about cool locations, concerts, must-have-beens and Canadian bands to save some time! ;)

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:27 am
Valar Morghulis

:peep: I don't know that the rain here would be less than Cologne, probably more, but it depends a lot on what time of year it is.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:42 pm
Borderline Pleasant QUEEN BEE

Welcome to the board. We're having major rain here right now, probably more than Cologne. BTW if you stick around here long enough I'm sure you may be schooled on what the locals here consider real metal, and most on your list doesn't apply - no offense!!!! I'd like to see your 'and many more ' list!
Hope you love Vancouver as much as I do, it's really pretty cool here. Many of the usual north american tours stop here so we get lots of great stuff. as was said before, just check the monthly calendars in the West Coast Scene forum. If people say 'Im going to that show' and you want to meet them, just send them a private message (PM) and maybe hook up before/at a show.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:15 pm
Hairmetal Hero

Man, I am really looking forward to visit Vancouver for a longer term! I have heard so much about it. It's supposed to be a great city! Vancouver is new to me but I already visited BC for three times. Okay, the first and second time I was really young, but the last time was about eight years ago. I stayed in really small place "close" to Kelowna. It was overwhelming! The Rocky Mountains are breathtaking! Since then I wanted to go at least one more time to Canada! :D
But I am also a little nervous...

Yeah, Verbalsniper already told me that my list is not so popular here... I am a little surprised, but thats okay! ;) I already told him that I am always searching for new stuff.

Here some more bands I like:
Fear Factory, Down, Krypteria, August Burns Red, Born from Pain, Steel Death, Dead Head Down, Rammstein, Rage Against The Machine, Soil, Drowning Pool, Volbeat, Sepultura, Opeth, Stuck Mojo, Biohazard, In Flames, As I Lay Dying, Lamb of God, Five Finger Death Puch, Dry Kill Logic, Emil Bulls, Evergreen Terrace, Callejon, Killswitch Engage, The Haunted, Neaera, Misery Speaks, Sonic Syndicate, Trivium, Unearth, Walls of Jericho, Epica, American Head Charge, 4Lyn, Dope, Mudvayne, Spineshank, Static-X, Stone Sour, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Dir En Grey, Children of Bodom, Metallica, Atreyu, √úbergas
... and many more? :lol:

And, yes, I know... lot of Metalcore-shit among :facepalm1:
And yes, the official outing: most I hear at the moment is Nu Metal, Metalcore, Crossover
... I am sorry! ;)
But I hope that I will be allowed to participate at this board anyway?! :P

BTW: Check out www.rockinvasion.de ! Thats a german WebTV magazine with lots of interviews (most in english). I filmed for them until I had no longer time since last month.

Thanks for the invitation to contact you guys in case of :horns: and :beerbang: !

:cheers:
GMG

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:17 am
Borderline Pleasant 0MN1G33K

GermanMetalGirl wrote:
And yes, the official outing: most I hear at the moment is Nu Metal, Metalcore, Crossover
... I am sorry! ;)

Probably won't come as much of a surprise, but pretty much everyone here has their own "guilty pleasures" in music that they'd never admit to here. The fact that you list it outright with no apologies means you have bigger balls than probably 75% of the board regulars :pokehit:

(And yes, I like Kylie Minogue, so fuck you all! :bigfinger: )

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Powermetal Pansy

"guilty pleasures"??.....Tegan and Sara....

GermanMetalGirl wrote:

.....Down, ....., August Burns Red, .......,Soil, Sepultura, Opeth, ......, Biohazard, In Flames, As I Lay Dying, Lamb of God, ......., Dry Kill Logic, Emil Bulls, Evergreen Terrace, ......,Unearth, Walls of Jericho, Epica, ......., Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Dir En Grey.......,

Some interesting choices. Saw your post on the Arch Enemy thread. I lived in Vancouver for a bit so I'm changing it up and going to Seattle for this show. One of the great things about where Vancouver is-it's very accessable to a lot of other places: Victoria/Nanaimo/Vancouver Island, Seattle/Portland in the US, and Whistler(too bad it's during the Olympics). You should be able to find many shows to keep you busy if you put in a bit of geek time.

And ya, this board is a great resource. You should also make sure to check out:
http://absoluteunderground.ca/absolute- ... -magazine/
http://livevan.com/ (Check out the link for Seattle)
http://livevictoria.com/

Facebook (just stuff)

Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:48 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

Soundy wrote:
GermanMetalGirl wrote:
... I am sorry! ;)

Probably won't come as much of a surprise, but pretty much everyone here has their own "guilty pleasures" in music that they'd never admit to here. The fact that you list it outright with no apologies means you have bigger balls than probably 75% of the board regulars :pokehit:

Alas, tis true. Aside from some doom metal listening, I have been listening to a lot of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl9IoIY7ghY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEFfISdA8LQ

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:02 pm
Hairmetal Hero

PaleBlueScarecrow wrote:
"guilty pleasures"??.....Tegan and Sara....

GermanMetalGirl wrote:

.....Down, ....., August Burns Red, .......,Soil, Sepultura, Opeth, ......, Biohazard, In Flames, As I Lay Dying, Lamb of God, ......., Dry Kill Logic, Emil Bulls, Evergreen Terrace, ......,Unearth, Walls of Jericho, Epica, ......., Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Dir En Grey.......,

Some interesting choices. Saw your post on the Arch Enemy thread. I lived in Vancouver for a bit so I'm changing it up and going to Seattle for this show. One of the great things about where Vancouver is-it's very accessable to a lot of other places: Victoria/Nanaimo/Vancouver Island, Seattle/Portland in the US, and Whistler(too bad it's during the Olympics). You should be able to find many shows to keep you busy if you put in a bit of geek time.

And ya, this board is a great resource. You should also make sure to check out:
http://absoluteunderground.ca/absolute- ... -magazine/
http://livevan.com/ (Check out the link for Seattle)
http://livevictoria.com/

Thanks for the links! Contain lot of information! :)

The cities you mentioned will be visited by me, too, of course! ;) I will have three weeks left after finishing with exams. Thats when I want to travel most...although that's not very much time for such a big country!

So, you like those bands you quoted, too?

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:54 pm
Hairmetal Hero

chaos hordes wrote:
Soundy wrote:
GermanMetalGirl wrote:
... I am sorry! ;)

Alas, tis true. Aside from some doom metal listening, I have been listening to a lot of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl9IoIY7ghY

Haha, good music for a good mood! :banana:
This one's from the soundtrack of Pulp Fiction?!! :)

Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:02 pm
Hairmetal Hero

PS:
From Non-Metal-Bands I also like KC & The Sunshine Band and Hot Chocolate and I LOVE Janis Joplin! ;)

Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:33 pm
Powermetal Pansy

GermanMetalGirl wrote:

Thanks for the links! Contain lot of information! :)

The cities you mentioned will be visited by me, too, of course! ;) I will have three weeks left after finishing with exams. Thats when I want to travel most...although that's not very much time for such a big country!

So, you like those bands you quoted, too?

Ya, for the most part, I've listened to them and understand why others would like them. And yes, we do live in a huge country. But with 3 weeks, you should be able to get around this half pretty well. It's awesome you could do this thru your school-must make it a lot easier.

And for the record I've actually been listening to a tonne of spoken word stuff in the downtime. Mostly while geeking out on photo art stuff. Buddy Wakefeild is pretty brilliant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZkofA_TWVw
And so is this local artist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLgrb8kd9D4

Facebook (just stuff)

Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:38 pm
Hairmetal Hero

check out Sinned they kick ass. :shred:

Sun May 09, 2010 1:55 am
Borderline Pleasant QUEEN BEE

Dude she posted last in Nov, she moved here and never came back....

Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 am
Mallcore Mosher

Hey Hi bist du noch in Vancouver??? Greetz

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:54 am