[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - BUG REPORTS and TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:40 pm

BUG REPORTS and TECHNICAL QUESTIONS 
Borderline Pleasant 0MN1G33K

Post BUG REPORTS and TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
If you have any questions about the functions of the new board, or run into any bugs, post about them in this thread... I'll try to answer what I can, and if I can't, I'll just tell you to fuck off and suck it up like a real man. ;)

Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Borderline Pleasant QUEEN BEE

Post Re: BUG REPORTS and TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
Please read here to see if you have any questions in common with another user, and read the solutions, rather than ask Soundy to say the same thing over and over. Be patient as we are learning how to use this new system too!
Thanks!

I'll start: SOundy, how do I load an avatar, and an animated gif into my sig?

Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:52 pm

Avatars and Signatures are added through your User Control Panel (see link at the top of the page).

Under Options (left column), click Profile, then Edit Signature or Edit Avatar.

Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW

For people wondering about the new Private Message system, once you are in the message section, (either by clicking on x new messages' or through your user control panel) use the panel on the left to find the member to whom you wish to message. Under 'send to', either type in their name, or click on 'Add(to)' or hit 'find a member'. You can't at that stage type in their name above the subject line like on the old board.
Poke around the user control panel to see how to manage your mail etc. If you eed further assistance post here and we'll help you out.

Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:12 pm
Borderline Pleasant

dude this avtar is really fucking picky and wont let me do what pics i want no matter how small i make them grrrrrrrr

is there a site or a link i could just get pre made up avtars i dould steal !??!?!?! :(

Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:21 pm

What are you trying to do with it?

The only restrictions are resolution (200x200 max), and uploaded avatars are restricted to 10,000 bytes filesize. If you host it elsewhere and just link to it, there should be no filesize limit.

Note that you have to use the "Link off-site" box for this though. The first two boxes are to upload a local file, and to upload from a URL - in either case, it copies the file to the board, and the 10,000 byte limit applies.

Animated GIFs can get pretty big, BTW... mine has to be hosted off-site, as it's 365kb.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hairmetal Hero

I might have missed it, but some way to contact an administrator via a link *without being logged in* would be nice. I never got the registration e-mail, so I couldn't activate my account. So I ended up sending a PM to Maddog on another board. The instructions said that we should contact an admin if there's a problem with registration, but contacting an admin required logging in. Catch-22. :(

Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:19 pm
Profile WWW

Interesting, I'll look into that... sorry for the hassle!

Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Okay, you're right, there is no actual way to contact an admin, and there should be... we're looking at how to implement this.

There IS a "resend registration email" link there, but I'm finding that some emails don't seem to be going anywhere... I suspect our host's mailserver is using an RBL list that's blocking some addresses.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

hey, just wondering if there's something you can do to 'set' the resolution the forum is designed for... its just that i'm using someone elses computer at the moment and their old lcd screen is 1024x768.. and the site requires a VERY SMALL amount of horrizontal scrolling... is it just the banner? anyway, just wanted to report that...

Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:51 pm

It's locked at 1000px... the banners are designed to fit that (they don't force the size; it was the other way around). It was 800px out of the box, but that proved too restricting for most. The scrolling in your case, I'm guessing, is mostly caused by the browser window's frame and vertical scrollbar...

Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hairmetal Hero

I never received a confirmation email to my original username/email account at gmail either. I tried registering again, albeit with a slightly different spelling of my username and a hotmail address and it worked...

Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:08 am

Hmm, I'll look into that... there's no block on Gmail addresses with the new board, and in fact, while I wasn't receiving notifications to my own mailserver, I do now receive them at my Gmail address, so I know sending to Gmail DOES work.

I'm wondering if our host is having some more general sending issues...

Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Valar Morghulis

Is it just me, or are the General Discussion and Flogging sections now no longer readable if you're not signed in. The Flogging section I can understand, that's how it used to be, but General Discussion ?

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:20 pm
Neighbour of the Beast

Hey, the board's been booting me out every other day despite the fact I have it set to automatic login. This didn't start happening until the last two weeks. I assume it's my laptop and not the board. Any suggestions? Sometimes it boots me out once a day.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:12 pm
Profile YIM
Valar Morghulis

ColinOnTheGroove wrote:
Hey, the board's been booting me out every other day despite the fact I have it set to automatic login. This didn't start happening until the last two weeks. I assume it's my laptop and not the board. Any suggestions? Sometimes it boots me out once a day.

Oh, that's cause you're a Leafs fan. :nutkick:

(OK, really I have no idea.) :dunno:

Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:54 pm

ColinOnTheGroove wrote:

Lemme guess: you're using Firefox 3?

I was having the same problem when I upgraded FF2 to FF3 - clearing your cookies (or at least deleting the cookies for Bloodred) should fix it. With mine, it seemed to reoccur randomly for some sites, and not at all for others. In a couple cases, it kept happening every couple days for one or two sites... the only fix for that was to create a new profile in FF3.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

same thing happens to me, but i figured it was cause i kept loging in from home, school, friend's, etc.

anyway, i had a new quesiton:

why do you need to be logged in to view posts in the 'general discussion' forum? flogging a dead horse i can understand but.... yeah. i didnt notice till i tried to link a friend to a post there.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:12 pm

That was Goddess' decision, I believe - I'll defer to her unholiness ;)

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Some of the idiocy must remain hidden from the outside world!

Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:49 pm