[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - BUG REPORTS and TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:43 pm

BUG REPORTS and TECHNICAL QUESTIONS 
Not Even Close To Getting A Custom Title

Post Re: BUG REPORTS and TECHNICAL QUESTIONS
This isn't a bug report or technical question, but at the same time I don't want to make a new thread about it. How come we have the title ladder that goes with post count? Is it just to fit in with other forums? I don't think spamming is a big deal on this forum, but someone did make a point in another thread about being here long enough to deserve a custom title. Why don't the admins make it so anyone can make any custom title they want? Why the ladder game?

..V^V

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:32 am
Borderline Pleasant 0MN1G33K

That's a good question, I dunno if I ever thought of WHY... it's just... there.

One thing I've seen on other boards that we've been considering, though, is allowing custom titles (or "ranks" in this system), among other "perks", for "financial supporters" of the board... $5, for example, to give you a custom title, another $5 to remove your restriction on avatar size, and so on.

The idea is strictly to raise a little extra toward the operating costs, rather than begging for cash donations every time the domain renewal comes around or something. And before someone starts: no, we're not becoming a pay board, and no we're not considering special access levels for paying customers... the idea is just to provide some extra "cosmetic goodies" in exchange for your donations. Or as the televangelists would say, "We'll send you these magnificent Dead Sea Scroll napkin rings as a gift, as our way of thanking you for your love offering of $200!"

The only limitation on it is that I don't think phpBB allows users to set their own titles - a "custom rank" has to be created, that can then be applied to the user(s) by the admins. There may be a mod available to allow users to do it themselves, I'd have to look into that.

Be careful what you wish for, though... I gave DeadMike a custom title and he wasn't at all impressed! :lol: :tissue: :violin:

Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:49 am
Profile YIM WWW
Borderline Pleasant QUEEN BEE

gila-monster wrote:
This isn't a bug report or technical question, but at the same time I don't want to make a new thread about it. How come we have the title ladder that goes with post count? Is it just to fit in with other forums? I don't think spamming is a big deal on this forum, but someone did make a point in another thread about being here long enough to deserve a custom title. Why don't the admins make it so anyone can make any custom title they want? Why the ladder game?

To answer your question, Sinned created the title system for the previous board. When we upgraded, Soundy simply transferred it over here, as revamping it wasn't a priority. As you can see he has thought about it and we are considering changing it as described.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:04 pm

Meanwhile, don't get too worked up about your "rank", it's just a sort of fun little thing... if you want to "make a comment" by your avatar, you can always edit your Location..

Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Soundy wrote:
Be careful what you wish for, though... I gave DeadMike a custom title and he wasn't at all impressed! :lol: :tissue: :violin:

Soundy wrote:
Meanwhile, don't get too worked up about your "rank", it's just a sort of fun little thing... if you want to "make a comment" by your avatar, you can always edit your Location..

I'm not getting worked up over anything nor am I wishing for anything special. I am questioning a system that seems unnecessary on a small forum such as this. I really don't care about the titles, and if I were given the opportunity I don't know what I would make mine. I was just wondering since it was brought up by another user here.

Anyways, thanks for answering my question. It's good to see you've been thinking about it. The pay thing isn't a bad idea if you ask me. Good way of getting funds for web space renewal, which I know a lot of sites/forums have trouble with.

..V^V

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:43 pm

gila-monster wrote:
Soundy wrote:

Soundy wrote:

I'm not getting worked up over anything nor am I wishing for anything special. I am questioning a system that seems unnecessary on a small forum such as this. I really don't care about the titles, and if I were given the opportunity I don't know what I would make mine. I was just wondering since it was brought up by another user here.

Anyways, thanks for answering my question. It's good to see you've been thinking about it. The pay thing isn't a bad idea if you ask me. Good way of getting funds for web space renewal, which I know a lot of sites/forums have trouble with.

As Goddess says, just a holdover from the old board... only Bloodred can really say why he made them in the first place. Names like "Powemetal Pansy" have fostered some amusing discussions in the past, I suppose that's a reason for keeping them around. Almost all forums I've been on have something similar, it very rarely has any actual meaning. *shrug*

Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Quote:
only Bloodred can really say why he made them in the first place

Like I said, Sinned made them all.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:15 am

Oops, sorry... too much Bailey's in my hot chocolate tonight :)

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:17 am
Profile YIM WWW

How do I get the youtube video function to work? I inserted the youtube link between [youtube][/youtube] and there was no go. I tried the embedded option too and that didn't work either.

..V^V

Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:40 am

You need to use JUST the video-ID number. In the full URL, that would be the part after the "="... for example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Xapb3PWPY, you'd just put "O0Xapb3PWPY" between the tags.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:27 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hairmetal Hero

Can someone please tell me why every single one of my posts has to be approved by a moderator before being seen...? Does this happen to everyone? :| I have not experienced this elsewhere before, so I'm slightly confused.

http://www.facebook.com/jeremyhannigan
http://www.jeremyhannigan.com
http://jhannigan.deviantart.com

Sat May 15, 2010 6:13 pm
Death Rides A Shovelhead

It's to keep out the spambots, which we get a lot of. I mean A LOT.

It's only for the first few posts.
Welcome to the board.

Sun May 16, 2010 12:29 am
Hairmetal Hero

Ah, I see. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/jeremyhannigan
http://www.jeremyhannigan.com
http://jhannigan.deviantart.com

Sun May 16, 2010 12:37 am

Yeah, it's actually just the first three posts that have to be approved... gives us the chance to delete and IP-ban the spammers before their posts ever become public.

Sun May 16, 2010 12:55 am
Profile YIM WWW

I've decided that long time users, at the admin's discretion, can request a custom title. Heera, Viking and a couple others have em. Gila, do you want a new one? Message me for your requests, we'll see what we can do.

Sun May 16, 2010 9:45 am
Inadequate Little Brother of the Beast

Goddess wrote:
I've decided that long time users, at the admin's discretion, can request a custom title. Heera, Viking and a couple others have em. Gila, do you want a new one? Message me for your requests, we'll see what we can do.

mememememe!! I want one too :D:D!!!!!

Sat May 22, 2010 12:08 am
Hairmetal Hero

Is there any reason why I keep getting logged out of the forum? It never used to. Every time I visit the this thing now it makes me login and I make sure to check that 'keep me logged in' button or whatever, but it still boots me out. Only started doing this a few days ago. Did something change?

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:48 pm

It's because you touch yourself while listening to Nickelback.

But seriously... this seems to happen now and then with several phpBB forums. Try deleting your browser cache and cookies, especially if you're running Firefox, Chrome, or other Mozilla-based browser.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:13 am
Profile YIM WWW
Mallcore Mosher

is there a way to enable some sort of Quick Reply, i searched around layout settings and couldn't find the option. by quick reply i mean, instead of clicking the Reply link, and going to a new window, there is a box waiting for you at the bottom of the thread, so you can reply, quickly. no muss no fuss.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:59 am
Profile WWW

I believe there is a mod for that for phpBB3... I'll have to check into it and make sure it won't conflict with our theme.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW