[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - Anglo-Indian Metalhead/film-student
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 pm

Anglo-Indian Metalhead/film-student 
Mallcore Mosher

Post Anglo-Indian Metalhead/film-student
Hello,

I see a lot of indie around me and feel troubled with what is happening to music as a whole, so I thought some metal reassurance would do me good.

I play guitar, sing and scream. I'm also interested in recording, sound engineering, and film-making. I'm a 2nd year film student at SFU.

My youtube account is shademanuel, but it hasn't been updated in well over a year and my playing in my most recent video on there is quite sloppy, so...yup....mostly metalcore covers as well....

However, my bandcamp account has more recent songs that I've recorded. That being said, a lot of those songs are really just improv solos over a quick rhythm part and really shouldn't be taken as songs, but rather just a sample of the directions I sometimes go in. This is a cop out.

davidmanuel.bandcamp.com

Now that thats out of the way....I love Guns N' Roses, Metallica, and Avenged Sevenfold. I also love many non-metal bands, primarily Catch 22/Streetlight Manifesto, The Beatles(surprise!), and The Nightwatchman. Though the aforementioned metal bands are my standard favourites whose catalogues I'm very familiar with, my metal bands that I love but still haven't finished completely caught up with are Daath, Arch Enemy, All that Remains, and Devil Driver.

Favourite Albums of the year so far:

Nightmare- Avenged Sevenfold
Avalanche of Worms- Levi/Werstler
Some hard to remember latin name- Triptykon

So, this was a rather unimaginative and boring way to introduce myself, but hopefully it was at least informative.

Like an informercial. But a good one, like for slapchop or the magic bullet, not for a snuggie.

Oh, and I'd love to be linked to some good bands in Vancouver !

<- - - - Very metal smilies.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:37 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

Post Re: Anglo-Indian Metalhead/film-student
Welcome to Bloodred. :shred:

Watch out for older members which are going to bash you for some bands, don't take it personally. :)

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:39 pm
Pounding The World Like a Battering Ram!!

Welcome to Bloodred :horns:

I also like (or love) some of the bands you mention, and the some of the others I have seen in concert but am not passionate about, one way or the other.

As for Gn'R, I have had tickets to see them twice in Vancouver over the years and both times they got canceled... but I did see them some years ago in Everett. And have tickets to see SLASH at the Commodore in just over a month. I was also going next week to see Adler's Appetite.

Metallica, is kind of strange as I don't listen to their non 80's albums much , but still love going to their concerts ... I have seen them at least once on virtually every tour since the mid/late 80's.
The "Justice For All " Concert was my favorite Thrash concert of all time.

Anyways, good to see that you found BC's best Metal Forum :beerbang:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:39 pm
Mallcore Mosher

Thanks for the heads up, but yes there will always be people to bash ye :deadhorse:

Did you see the original GnR line-up live?! I really want to go see Slash in October but can't get into the Commodore... :facepalm:

And allright, what's ye opinion on Death Magnetic? :lol:

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:47 pm