[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - enquiry - Capital Productions?
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:12 pm

enquiry - Capital Productions? 
Bloodred Metalhead

Post enquiry - Capital Productions?
Mods - I apologize if this is in the wrong location.

A question to the bands - any dealings with Burton Ward and/or Capital Productions? They claim to be working with over 300 local bands.

They have approached us for a mid-week show at a small pub off Vic and Powell (the cap is <120), with as many as three other bands on the bill. They want us to presell tickets, for a split of course - and perform on sponsored backline, a la Magnatized/Stonehead.

I told them that we we're a little long in the tooth to be pounding the ground, selling tickets to family and friends to a show in a cramped room on a Wednesday. We counterproposed a modest guarantee and a coupla drinks. They panned on that, but said there was flexibility on the split.

Before deciding if we want this discussion to go any further - I'd be interested in hearing from any othe BR bands that have performed for Capital Productions. Any notable successes or failures?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Inadequate Little Brother of the Beast

Post Re: enquiry - Capital Productions?
Never played with them, but they've asked us many times. The way they work is really Supernova-esque and fuck Supernova. If they're working with 300 local bands, it's probably kid bands that can't do anything else because they don't know anybody.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:42 pm
Neighbour of the Beast

HMMMM HE WANTED TO BOOK THE COBALT.....I HAVENT GIVEN HIM A ANSWER....

DOESNT SOUND GOOD THO.....

ANY OTHER ENCOUNTERS....?

THE 'BALT'
CURRENTLY OF NO FIXED ADDRESS
VANCOUVERS HARDCORE BAR
604 764 PUNK

www.thecobalt.net
www.wendythirteen.com
www.myspace.com/wendythirteen

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:26 pm
Trashmetal Titan

sounds like a bunch of pure bullshit to me. Wouldnt go for a deal like that ever. :nono: :fucktard: :facepalm1: :facepalm2:

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Mallcore Mosher

Dont like em. The band that I'm temporarily with have had enough of their shit. They book good venues though. The rest. Shit.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:08 pm
Trashmetal Titan

pre sell for a split? red flag.

But, a show is show. I'd offer to do for booze first time out, and if you draw, then you have bargining power.

Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:21 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

This is not LA. We do not do presales for a split. Don't take this garbage.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aeterna/117452828275520

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Hairmetal Hero

Auroch wrote:
Never played with them, but they've asked us many times. The way they work is really Supernova-esque and fuck Supernova. If they're working with 300 local bands, it's probably kid bands that can't do anything else because they don't know anybody.

fuck supernova! the one show we had "signed up" to do with them a long time ago got cancelled the day of the show and we weren't told until we drove an hour to get there and the sound guy was packing up his shit... but yeah, no experience with capital productions, but sounds like a shitty deal..

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:50 pm
Mallcore Mosher

..Burton Ward is one of the biggest goofs i've ever seen,, he left Vancouver on March 31 fyi.. and hopeful will not ever return,, Vancouver became all fucked up because of the olympics and i became victim to his scheme to rent rooms for $50/night,, if that wasn't enuff he kept trying to come up with ways to squeeze more money out of me but i'm alittle to long in the tooth for that bullshit so i literally told him i would kick his ass if he didn't stop bothering me..him and his stupid fiance 'josi' are two of the most selfish immature idiots ever.. he went on and on about nickelback and when the closing ceremonies for the olympics were on he insisted on watching it.. what freaked me out was he had no idea who michael j fox was and then i started asking him a lot of questions... he did not recognize the following names,, dustin hoffman, robert deniro, john candy, eugene levey,, etc. who the fuck doesn't know who john fucking candy is? seriously this dude had the whiniest voice ever and all the does is sit around taking mdma,, he tried to convince me that stuff is great because he could last 3 hours at intercourse, WHAT THE FUCK? HE BRAGGED ABOUT BEING ABLE TO FUCK FOR 3HRS?
THATS HATING IT AS FUCK MY TOP RECORD IS 15+ HRS AND I DIDN'T NEED ANY FUCKING MDMA EITHER!! WHAT A LIMP DICK PUSSY!!! OH YEAH HE WORKED FOR THE OLYMPICS AS A CHAIR STACKER OR SOME SHIT AND TRIED TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE HE WAS ALL BADASS TO BE WORKING FOR THE OLYMPICS - BURTON WARD = ASSHOLE there is soooo much more but i'm going to stop now.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:16 pm
Borderline Pleasant QUEEN BEE

Wow what did you do, google his name and find us? I believe yo and all but geez!! Which admin approved this btw?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:28 am
Valar Morghulis

Goddess wrote:
Wow what did you do, google his name and find us? I believe yo and all but geez!! Which admin approved this btw?

:? Um... :oops:

Dead Horse the thing if you want, I was considering it.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:41 am
Mallcore Mosher

Goddess wrote:

..there's really nothing you can say or do to help people like burton ward,, him and his fiance literally stressed out about the deposit on that house so badly they cleaned it for two weeks the last 48 hrs. josi literally scrubbed and shampooed the entire house on mdma and literally the two of them did not sleep at all - and this is as they are about to embark on a road trip to nfld across the entire continent for a week of driving,, not a smart idea people fall asleep at the wheel all the time and crash,, i was only there for the month of march and the last two weeks there was no internet or heat and i paid over $950 dollars in total,, the ironic thing is if you turn off the heat and everything in your house freezes as in all the furniture and not just the air you end up marking your furnace work 10x's harder and it costs actually much more,, plus i had paid heat.. apart from that i am upset at witnessing someone so naive as this to take mdma for month then not sleep for 2 days before embarking on a cross country road trip its just completely idiotic,, i should of called the cops but by the time they left it was already too late. if they didn't make it this supports darwinism - survival of the fittest!

oh and check this out - the house was a teardown anyway so all they needed for the deposit was to pay rent which they did and which i had helped them to do,, i mean right now the house is demolished,, why clean it so thoroughly?? (had to have been the affect of mdma),, meanwhile they are in vancouver which has beautiful everything and don't do anything but sit at home all day and they also said they didn't like vancouver.. i just hope i never meet any people like that again ,, sooooo uninspiring and yes very self centred and selfish people.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:08 pm
Borderline Pleasant QUEEN BEE

Sounds like you found the left over MDA and had some yourself before posting!!!!! Why did you quote me anyway and not answer? :facepalm2:
And VS, not sure just what to do yet, lets see how this plays out :rolling: :deal: :bansex:

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:12 pm