[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - THE RICKSHAW THEATRE
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 THE RICKSHAW THEATRE 
Bloodred Metalhead

Post Re: THE RICKSHAW THEATRE
it's fairly obvious... big giant sign. prolly be a line-up too.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:18 pm
Trashmetal Titan

always seems to be a lineup.

hope you don`t drive a nice car as your parking it in one of the worst areas in western canada. Very tough to find parking best to take transit if at all possible.

http://www.dustinwoodphotography.com

Expanded (lots more pictures) :

http://www.flickr.com/_dustin_/

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Valar Morghulis

I'm driving. I'll probably park in the same place I did for the Balmoral.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:00 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

I AM driving also i will probally park where i used to when we used to go to the columbia years ago.just a few blocks away

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:32 am
Valar Morghulis

Perhaps someone with some influence at the Rickshaw can advise the staff there to make sure people are all in before the shows start. I can see it has been a problem for several shows already, people getting stuck in the lineup outside while the openers are playing. Security has a nasty habit of letting people in small batches, with a long wait in between each. They need to figure out a way to streamline the process of people getting in there, or else open the doors a full hour before each show, because the delays going on now are pissing people off.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:22 pm
Borderline Pleasant QUEEN BEE

I'm going to take a guess that they let them in in small batches because the lobby isn't very big and don't want to jam it full of people, since they are checking ID for wristbands there and trying to sell beer from a cooler thingy and just want to give people a chance to get through that before letting in the next batch. Since the bands are starting as soon as the last bit of gear is cleared from the floor that doesn't leave much time. None of the promoters so far have done anything to change it so I doubt it's going to happen in the near future but one can hope.... :pepper:

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:59 pm
Powermetal Pansy

verbalsniper wrote:
Perhaps someone with some influence at the Rickshaw can advise the staff there to make sure people are all in before the shows start. I can see it has been a problem for several shows already, people getting stuck in the lineup outside while the openers are playing. Security has a nasty habit of letting people in small batches, with a long wait in between each. They need to figure out a way to streamline the process of people getting in there, or else open the doors a full hour before each show, because the delays going on now are pissing people off.

How many guards to they have at the front doors doing the checks?

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

I'm thinking of going there for Korpiklaani and Kreator... but I'm a (just recently) 15 year old guy. Is it safe in the area? If I go with two-three other guys a bit older than me, would it be safe?

How about if a girl came along?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I've never been there and have no idea what to expect. That, and I'm very naive.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:28 pm
Powermetal Pansy

Youll be ok man!

make sure you wear a condom tho

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:09 am
Bloodred Metalhead

...Um?

Please elaborate...

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:17 am
Trashmetal Titan

Erazoe)ender wrote:
...Um?

Please elaborate...

He is just messing with you. You will be fine, there was kids at the suffcation show that weren't even born when suffocation put out their first album. You will be fine if your in a group, just make sure to keep an eye on the girl if you do bring her....its a shitty area.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:18 am
Profile WWW

Yeah it should be fine... if you are bussing it just make sure you know where you are going and before you go in, find out where the bus stop is to get you home again. Across the street at Main, on one side some busses stop, on the other side of Main some other busses stop (that is, if you are heading towards town). Also use the translink website to find out what time that last busses are. If you are using the Skytrain, the last eastbound (heading to Surrey) leaves Waterfront at about 1:15 am so plan on walking (again, with your friends) to the Main Street station at about 1 am just to be safe. If someone is driving, the main Cop shop is a block away so you are best off trying to park in front of it (312 Main st).
If your parents are driving you there, you are hooped; they'll see the neighborhood, turn back for home and then lock you in your room and take away all your metal CD's.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:22 am
Bloodred Metalhead

Hahahahaha thanks guys! I'll take the advice.

I want to bring my Girlfriend to the Korpiklaani show... so I'm just worried about anything happening to her. Not so much myself, as I can handle anything that would happen to me. (Apart from being killed or mutilated or stabbed.. but you know).

Again thanks for all the help!

Also, are most of you guys friends? As I'm trying to find more metalheads that I could talk to or hang out with or something.... do you guys meet up after shows? That being said most of your are older than 20... so I smell bars and not wanting to be with annoying kids.

Why must I have been born so late? Urgh.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:34 am

Most of the tweakers down there are so high they won't notice you, often are fairly harmless. Mostly property crimes like breaking into cars, not muggings, esp. if you are in a group or look like you could hold your own. There are always exceptions though.
and yes alot of us are friends, most are over 20 but a few are under. I'd say the average Bloodredder is in their mid to late 20's. But, I have a kid about 3 years younger than you and a couple of members have kids in college lol.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:56 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

If anyone is going from North Vancouver or even downtown, maybe people could mob up at the Seabus/Skytrain station... I did that for Slayer. (Not for safety... for the aspect of talking with other people) But in this situation it could be a good idea to go in a larger group, especially because I have no knowledge of the area. (So I won't get lost)

Anyways... thanks again for the info. :D

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:16 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

ooo a blood red 'meet' ???

haha.. takes me back to bbs days...

anyway, i think generally people here 'figure out' who people are... often talk to people in smoke pit or whatnot (i don't smoke, but whatever)...

i might be going to those shows btw. and yeah don't be affaid of the bums, they like metal too. :werd:

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:35 am
Bloodred Metalhead

Ahaha alright sounds like what people do anyways.

Gah I'm still worried about the Korpiklaani show.. mainly because it's just me, my girlfriend, and another buddy. We're probably getting a ride right to the Rickshaw.... so once we're there it would be safe?

Sorry for sounding like a teenager T_T But I care about her... ANYWAYS.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:26 pm
Trashmetal Titan

Erazoe)ender wrote:
Gah I'm still worried about the Korpiklaani show.. mainly because it's just me, my girlfriend, and another buddy. We're probably getting a ride right to the Rickshaw.... so once we're there it would be safe?

You will be fine man! Especially if you get dropped off right in front of the rickshaw. you will most likely be standing in line with a great number of people. in the rain, but there is a coat check inside =)

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Inadequate Little Brother of the Beast

Erazoe)ender wrote:
Ahaha alright sounds like what people do anyways.

Sorry for sounding like a teenager T_T But I care about her... ANYWAYS.

Now that I have your picture I will be waiting out front of the Rickshaw, while smoking some good ol' crack and shooting heroine into my balls, to harass you. Just a warning, I tend to throw fecal matter at girls.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:29 am

:lol:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:56 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next