[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - Why the Censoring of bands at Funky Winkerbeans (Thrashers)?
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:07 am

Why the Censoring of bands at Funky Winkerbeans (Thrashers)? 
Pounding The World Like a Battering Ram!!

Post Why the Censoring of bands at Funky Winkerbeans (Thrashers)?
What’s up with the new censoring of bands at Funky Winkerbeans (Thrashers) ?

I went to Funky’s after a long time and saw the new stage setup, the sound was great and all, but now you can only see the bands from the knees up.

For those that have not seen the new set up, there is basically a wooden censor (about twice the height of a wedge monitor) that is now nailed ALL the way around the stage.

I have heard that Elvis was sometimes censored and only shown from the waist up , but this is not the 50’s anymore.
What is the reason for this censoring?
Did some female Rockstars complain that the guys were only looking at their exposed ankles and knees, and not farther up ?

If we are paying full price to see bands , we should be able to see all of them and not just ¾ from the knees up.

What if KISS was to play there, we would not be able to see their cool boots and that is part of the magic. Or what if a musician (or the whole band) wants to play or sing while laying on the floor of the stage, we would not see jack shit in that case.

Some chic singer is going to complain that the audience is looking at her chest too much, what will Funky’s do then? Put up a half curtain so we can only see the band from below the nipple to their knees?

It is a slippery slope that has started , I just hope it is not contagious to other venues.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:33 am
Hairmetal Hero

Post Re: Why the Censoring of bands at Funky Winkerbeans (Thrashers)?
Why bother to apply the judgement of the stage at funky's to other (And much better) venues? to apply that judgement is to give Funky's actual credibility as a musical venue (It has none).

Funky Winkerbeans has the worst stage setup I have EVER seen. And the positioning is a huge factor in this, incredibly stupid positioning.....

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:03 pm
Trashmetal Titan

I think that's to protect the monitors from wayward beer. I know I've had a pint or 2 knocked out of my hands at that joint.

Speaking of censorship, My avatar seems to have been removed from the internet again.

http://www.myspace.com/mechamessiah
http://www.cocainemoustache.com

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Neighbour of the Beast

WELL PUBLIC IMAGE THERE WAS JUST NO WHERE ELSE TO PUT THE STAGE.....THE PIT IS BIGGER THAN THE COBES WAS...AND HEY FRANKLY ITS A PLACE WITH GOOD SOUND THANX TO JOHN (COBES) THE SOUNDGUY...

SO IF HE WANTS TO PROTECT HIS GEAR RATHER THAN USE THE TRASHED RENTAL SYSTEM THAT WAS THERE THANX TO BEER SPILLING MORONS WITH THE OLD STAGE SETUP IM NOT GOING TO ARGUE WITH HIM... GEAR IS EXPENSIVE!

AND IF HEERA WANTS TO LOOK AT PEOPLES KICKS THERE IS A JUICY SPOT WITH STEPS SIDE STAGE....

FRANKLY IM GRATEFUL THERE IS AGAIN A DEDICATED VENUE FOR PUNK AND METAL....SHEESH!

:tissue:

THE 'BALT'
CURRENTLY OF NO FIXED ADDRESS
VANCOUVERS HARDCORE BAR
604 764 PUNK

www.thecobalt.net
www.wendythirteen.com
www.myspace.com/wendythirteen

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:07 pm