[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Bloodred Forum - View topic - Tyrants Blood
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Tyrants Blood 
Not Even Close To Getting A Custom Title

Post Re: Tyrants Blood
Awesome interview; it's cool to get some insight in how you guys compose your music.

..V^V

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:56 pm
Trashmetal Titan

Brian "Messiah" Langley (frontman of Tyrants Blood/Infernal Majesty) phones into the METALEATER radio show that can be tuned into @ http://www.metaleater.com/radioshow.php

Live podcast is April 23 6pm-9pm
Reruns are Saturday April 24 and Sunday April 25 11am-2pm

Become a fan/friend of the METALEATER fb page and help Support Worldwide Metal!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/metaleater?ref=ts

In the interview the topics to be covered are

Tyrants Blood's trip to Brazil, Crushing onward into oblivion, Tyrants Blood Live in Brazil album, Split EP with Thy Flesh Consumed, the followup studio album to Crushing onward, TB's songwritting process and upcoming live shows.

Infernal Majesty: Back in the band or not? New album "Systematical Extermination" will it ever get recorded and released? Live DVD that was filmed to see release this Summer, the bands old poofy hair and make up photoshoot and a challenge/proposition aimed at all the big names of old school Canadian thrash metal bands

http://www.myspace.com/infernalmajesty
http://www.myspace.com/entropiametal

Crank it up fuckers

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 am
Bloodred Metalhead

Tyrants Blood
Slough Feg
Kataplexis
Ominosity

Distillery Calgary Noctis iv Kick off fest
Saturday June 19th

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:42 am
Bloodred Metalhead

Witches,Fire Breathing headbangers,black metal skinheads,Thanks for the deadly support !!!
We Will Reign

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:26 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

Bestial Prayers split with Demonic Sacrifice(Peru)/Tyrants Blood out now on Pentagram records Colombia

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:56 pm
Trashmetal Titan

Here's an interview that'll be appearing in Blackastrial magazine in Poland.

1.Hello, how are you doing? I must say that I’m very happy to be doing this interview, since “Crushing Onward Into Oblivion” is one of the best releases I’ve heard recently. It certainly is crushing, as the title suggests! I know it has been a while since you recorded it, so tell me, are you still satisfied with this album? Did you receive any negative reviews or was it mostly positive (as it should have been)?

I’m doing well thanks. With every release Tyrants Blood puts out our goal is to progress. Crushing Onward did that. It was the next step up from Prophecy. I feel like the band is really starting to hit it’s stride. Reviews have mostly been positive.

2.You waited quite a long time for this album to be released, can you tell me what caused the delay? Were you angry about this situation or maybe it wasn’t that much of a problem?

Well, the band itself pressed a bunch of copies to ensure we would have the album for sale at our cd release show which was June 24 2009. The Invictus version has just come out a year later. It was an unfortunate situation, there was problems at the manufacture’s plant with the artwork not being the proper template size and other things held up the album getting released. It’s also out in South America under Mutilation productions.

3. I’ve read that during that time you were already working on new music, so how far are you from recording your next album? Is there anything that you would like to do differently this time?

We have half of the next album written and we are looking to record in November. The song lengths were short for the most part on the last album so with this one the songs are about 5 minutes long each.

4.I know that it is not easy to describe the music, but how much does your new material differ from “Crushing Onward Into Oblivion”? That album was a huge step from your previous (already very good) recordings, and I could tell that you really worked hard to make the songs superior to your previous material, so I assume that you have taken a similar approach to what you are currently writing, am I right?

That’s right. We played one new song live last month when we did a show here in Vancouver with Pestilence. It was received very well and the feedback has been (as hard as it is with this style of music) that the song sounds different from our other material. On some of the new songs I’m singing in a lower register as well.

5.As well as being a vocalist you are also an experienced guitar player, so did you contribute any riffs or ideas to the new material? What about live performances, have you already tried using three guitars for some parts of the songs?

Yes, I’ve written a couple of parts and we do utilize the 3 guitar attack. On a few of the new songs. When we play live I pick up a guitar for the Slaine: The Berzerker trilogy. We want to show everyone our musical depth and it is definitely going to come out on the next album.

6.I know that you are a hard working band that practices three times a week (even on Friday night!), so Tyrants Blood is certainly a band comprised of people who are serious and dedicated. I honestly don’t think that there are many bands that are working that hard…Does it ever make you feel tired or stressed? Have you ever thought that maybe you’ve had enough and you would be much happier in a band that is not so active?

No. This is what I live for. One of the reasons I left Infernal Majesty and joined Tyrants Blood was because Infernal Majesty was not very active. You get one shot to do it right so why do nothing? All members of Tyrants Blood have been in very credible bands but I feel that Tyrants Blood will be what we are all best known for. We are writing our legacy. Something to be proud of.

7.What I really like about your music is that as much as it has its roots in classic metal it is not just a copy of what someone else did, you certainly have your own identity, and prove that it is still possible to play aggressive, heavy music that is original and innovative. Would you agree that too many bands nowadays are content with recycling old riffs and ideas (and sometimes they even get praised for that) while in the old days (not to say that everything used to be better, but still..) it was important to have your own identity and you could recognize most bands after hearing just a few seconds of their music?

It is so hard to be unique in extreme metal nowadays because there are just so many bands. A lot of them are very good at what they do but they aren’t trying to step beyond that or create something new. The right attitude is also very important.

8.In one of the interviews you said that your favorite vocalist is George “Corpsegrinder” Fisher from Cannibal Corpse. I’ve thought that it is pretty cool, since I have a feeling that this band is not really respected in the underground circles (I have no idea why, I’ve always been a fan of theirs) and I’ve read countless negative comments concerning their music. But getting to the actual question, why is he your favorite and in what ways does he influence your performance in Tyrants Blood?

George is the biggest metalheads I’ve ever met. I had the honour of recording with him when I was in Infernal Majesty. To witness him singing in studio with no amplication left a big impression on me. He is the real deal. His voice is so powerful. So his vocals are a source of inspiration for me to keep practicing hard and keep getting better and stronger. As for live performances, my main influences are Bon Scott, Ronnie James Dio, Bruce Dickinson and James Brown. A very weird combo considering the type of band Tyrants Blood is but musical stylings aside, you can’t deny that when it comes to putting on a show these guys are some of the very best entertainers. They can really put on a show.

9.Speaking of influences, I know that all of you listen to different bands, so do you respect each others tastes when it comes to music or do you have fights when you tell each other that you are listening to some crap?

We all listen to just about everything under the sun. Sure we’ll bust each others chops about it but that’s what makes the band who we are. That’s why there are so many different styles infused with our music.

10.The sound on “Crushing…” is much cleaner than on your previous releases, so I assume that it is more important for you that the listener can hear every detail of your music (and there is a lot going on in those songs) than to retain this raw edge, am I right? Will you be using the same studio and engineer for your next album?

Unfortunately, our engineer, is traveling abroad so I don’t think we’ll be able to go with him. It is very important to us that the listener can hear what we are playing. Anyone can make a wall of noise that sounds like static. I look at it as, what’s the point of playing some really technical songs if nobody can make out what you are playing?

11.On your first album you didn’t include any lyrics, why? Instead there was a statement about Tyrants Blood being born from the finest traditions of Canadian metal. I know that you weren’t a part of the band at that time but perhaps you know why they didn’t want to include the lyrics? Did they feel that it was more important to let people know where Tyrants Blood was coming from and what it’s trying to achieve, or maybe the band considered the lyrics as secondary to the music and felt that it is not important for the listener to read them?

Lyrics are important to this band but I believe the reasoning may have been being the first album and all that the booklet is just a single fold so the lyrics wouldn’t have all fit. Trying to save costs etc. Each release since has progressively cost more to make. Ever band starts somewhere and that was Tyrants Bloods’.

12.Does Tyrants Blood have any other sources of inspiration apart from music? I know that the lyrics for “Slaine: The Berzerker” were based on a comic book, are their any other sources of ideas? What about films, do you find some of them inspiring?

We draw inspiration from comic books, video games, novels, history television, old scriptures, films, True crime and our own life experiences.

13.I know that you are a fan of horror films, so which are your favorite ones? Do you enjoy only the old, classic films or some of the new ones with computer generated images as well? I saw a picture of you and Bruce Campbell, so I assume it must have been pretty cool for a horror fan to meet that guy?

I was 19 or 20 when I met Bruce. It was a big thrill for me. I like the old horror flicks for the most part. I like the really eerie ones as well as the B grade films that try so hard to be scary that they turn into a comedy. Some of my favorites are The Exorcist, Evil Dead of course, Trick or Treat (the 1986 one), Dead Pit, Dr. Giggles, The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and pretty much any biographical True crime movie, Like Gacy, Dahmer, Gein or Speck.

14.What about your live album? I know that you had plans to release a recording from Brazil, is it going to be released by Invictus or some Brazilian label will take care of it? Can you tell me something more about that performance and the reaction of Brazilian fans to your music?

Yes we are still working out details for the live in Brazil album. Brazilians are the most passionate metalheads I’ve ever met. They received us extremely well. We had some of the best times of our lives down there. They were so gracious that we came there. From what I understand, not a lot of underground Canadian metal bands go there. Fear of the unknown I guess.

15.Do you get a lot of support from your local scene or is it more like a competition where everyone is jealous if someone else is becoming successful with their music? What about local promoters and clubs, is it possible to play live in your area, or is it rather difficult and rare?

We are very fortunate that we have great support from our hometown. There are a few different circles within the Vancouver metal scene, some of the bands are too busy infighting with other bands that they fail to see the big picture. Luckily it’s only a select few. For the most part I think it’s a case of the further a Vancouver metal band can go the better it is for all the local bands. For instance there’s a local band here by the name of The Golers. They’ve done some touring and wave the Vancouver flag. Who’s to say people that see them on tour don’t go home and liked them so much that they start checking out other Vancouver bands. The venue situation is pretty grim right now. There are 1 or 2 dives for upstart bands then theres 2 500 plus capacity venues and then the Commadore which is a 1000 capacity but there hasn’t really been any metal shows there in a long while.

16.Do you think that being from Canada is an advantage or disadvantage for a band? Or maybe it is stupid to look at it form this point of view and it completely doesn’t matter?

When it comes to touring we are at a disadvantage. If you live in Vancouver, travel West and you have Vancouver Island that’s it. Travel East and it takes about 12 to 14 hours to get to Calgary, Alberta. The paperwork for touring the US and fees you have to pay doesn’t make it worth it unless you are going out on an international tour.

17.I’ve recently seen a documentary about Anvil, have you seen it? What is your opinion about this film and the band, do you think they played an important role in the development of heavy music in Canada?

Yes I’ve seen it. It was hard for me to watch because I know what they have gone through and Infernal Majesty is basically the same story. They have definitely played a big role in the development of Canadian metal as has Sacrifice, Voivod, Witches Hammer and Aggression.

18.Tell me why do you want to meet “Macho Man” Randy Savage? Are you a fan of wrestling?

I grew up watching wrestling with my Dad. The hours of entertainment that I got out of his interviews, I still watch his promos and laugh. They were some of the best. I’d like to meet him and thank him for the great childhood memories. I actually just met Hulk Hogan recently and cut a promo on him. It was so cool.

19.I’ve noticed that you like Vader, and since they are from my country I’d like to ask you about your opinion on their newer albums. You see in Poland most people claim that they were only good on their first two or three albums, would you agree with such opinion?
My favorite album of their’s is De Profundis. I think with any band it’s a case of when you get 2 or 3 albums in, that’s when you really discover what your band is all about and your sound will change with each release anyway. You’ll always find people no matter who the band is saying that they were only good on their early stuff. I think Piotr and the boys are doing a great job.

20.Apart from doing vocals for Tyrants Blood you also have your band Mecha Messiah, where you also play guitar. Can you tell me something more about that band?

Funny you mention Mecha Messiah! We just celebrated our 10 year anniversary in July. I’ve put that band on hold indefinately to focus on Tyrants Blood. I was just getting to be too busy. I started that band in highschool. I play and sing in that one and did most of the writing. Musically we sound like a mix of Swedish death metal and classic metal which by today’s metal standards is like easy listening. The vocals are a fusion of Lemmy from Motorhead and Chuck from Death. You can hear some demos at http://www.myspace.com/mechamessiah

21.Brian, thank you very much for answering these questions, I hope you enjoyed at least some of them. I’m looking forward to hearing some new music from Tyrants Blood! Best of luck to you and all your projects! If you wish to add anything to this interview, write whatever you like.

Thank you. If you want to book Tyrants Blood in your town you can get in contact with the band at http://www.myspace.com/tyrantsblood Hold the colors high. Rise above.

Crank it up fuckers

Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:14 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ST3mRu4hg

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:38 am
Bloodred Metalhead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYgT51BVgDQ

vid from Belo Horizonte Brazil,Thats Wagner Antichrist of Sarcogfago's axe I'm lighting up proper.
115 plus on that stage, cooked and egg and sizzled up some bacon off vinces bass right after, that's good eatin.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:50 am
Bloodred Metalhead

Saturday February 12 ,2011, The Golers with Horde of Anachron and Tyrants Blood at the Rickshaw

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:32 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:05 am
Bloodred Metalhead

:horns: :shred:
I'll be there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEFfISdA8LQ

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:53 pm
Trashmetal Titan

New interview with Greek metal site with Marco

http://www.orthodoxblackmetal.co.cc/tyrant'sblood.html

Crank it up fuckers

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:28 pm
Trashmetal Titan

Attention collectors: Tyrants Blood "Crushing onward into oblivion" is out now on cassette tape on old school independant label Maltkross from France. Contact the band through this website or get in touch with the label maltkross@yahoo.fr to order your limited edition copy while supplies last.

Crank it up fuckers

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:47 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

I'll wait for the Uber Rare Kult War Hails 8-track version.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:24 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

it's laserdisc or nothing for me.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aeterna/117452828275520

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Trashmetal Titan

When do the phonograph cylinders come out?

http://www.myspace.com/mechamessiah
http://www.cocainemoustache.com

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Powermetal Pansy

EPIC! :satanflames:

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Bloodred Metalhead

Massive horns to all the fire breathing headbangers,black metal skinheads,witches and destroyers that weathered the storm last night and blasted through the very cool west coast hellish crossfire from start to end.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=we ... dXCmHC94Ow

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:09 pm
Bloodred Metalhead

Probably one of your best shows I have seen. All the bands were excellent that night. Rare for an all local show.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:19 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next